Internet Marketing Solutions of South Florida, Hollywood, FL. – 2009-Present
Develop and execute marketing plans to achieve page one rank on Google for local businesses, including website design (HTML, CSS, WordPress), Search Engine Optimization, social media, video, keyword research, and other online marketing techniques.
Red Hat Inc, Hollywood, FL. – 2005-2008
Solutions Architect LATAM (Latin America) – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
Assisted sales team in all aspects of the sales process, including RFI/RFP, meetings, presentations, demonstrations, lab-trials and installations. Instrumental in the launching of Red Hat México.
- Performed presentations, demonstrations and training sessions for OEM partners and customers, and participated in the installation of proof-of-concepts systems.
- Worked with local technology partners to derive and develop system specifications and recommend architecture solutions to meet customer program requirements.
Sun Microsystems, Columbia, MD. – 1999-2005
Provided pre- and post-sales technical support in the areas of customer meetings and presentations, demonstrations, RFI/RFP, lab-trials and installation of Sun systems and storage. Security Clearance: TS/SCI.
- Provided systems engineering support for system integrators and customers during the design, integration and testing phases of rugged and TEMPEST systems, resulting in a reduction of time to market for their products.
- Served as a “technical bridge” between customers and internal company resources in cases of problems, questions and escalations; resulting in faster resolution for the customer.
DRS Advanced Programs, Columbia, MD. – 1996-1999
Senior Systems Engineer
Supported customers during all phases of system development and design, modification and integration of software and hardware, and technical sales support. Security Clearance: TS/SCI.
- Managed effort to re-design computer system (software and hardware) in response to an accelerated proposal effort. Coordinated all necessary departments to re-design system in half the time, enabling the company to enter a Government bid on schedule, with a more competitive and versatile product.
Arrow/Schweber Electronics, Columbia, MD. – 1994-1996
Field Applications Engineer for Intel Products
Managed, promoted and marketed the Intel product line at the local branch level, while providing technical support for customers and sales force.
- Consulted with customers to derive project requirements and identify solution to support their schedule and budget.
- Provided design consultation services to customers during the implementation of system solutions.
NAI Technologies (formerly MESA Technology), Columbia, MD. – 1988-1994
Senior Systems Engineer
Supported customers during all phases of system development and design, modification and integration of software packages and drivers, and technical sales support. Security Clearance: TS.
- Principal design engineer for portable satellite video-teleconferencing system for the Military. Designed prototype by integrating off-the-shelf components, reducing complexity and design time.
- Assumed management responsibilities for porting software driver package due to delivery delays being experienced by outside contractor. Worked closely with contractor, which resulted in the project being completed on schedule.
Department of Defense, Fort Meade, MD. – 1981-1988
Designed and developed microprocessor-based interfaces and equipment, including hardware design and software/firmware development to integrate design into final package. Security Clearance: TS/SCI.
- Replaced manager of troubled, high-visibility project. System was re-designed and installed very close to original schedule, minimizing customer down time and loss of data.
Additional experience details available upon request or at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/ovidiodejesus